Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring break 2011

As a make up for last years boring spring break, Bruce and I took the family down to Chicago for a couple of days of fun. Bruce had a convention to go to, and there was NO way I was going to stay home with 4 kids over spring break, so we all tagged along. We were able to get a nice hotel near O'hare for a good price and just drove into downtown each morning. I realized that I have really lost my edge when driving in rush hour traffic. There is no such thing here in Sheboygan, WI.

Our first full day in Chicago, we dropped daddy off at his convention and the kids and I headed over to the Schedds Aquarium. What a fun place. So many aquariums to see you don't even know where to start. We saw the dolphin show, made a stop at the Beluga whale exhibit, and walked in the Reefs. Even had our typical baby drama that seems to follow us where ever we go. While having lunch, Max decided to have a blowout. Needless to say, after getting cleaned up, he no longer had to wear pants. ;o)

Our last day in Chicago, we went to the Museum of Science and Industry. That place was AMAZING. Could not believe how my children took to the science experiments and how much fun they all had. We explored the circus area, watched "Tornado Alley" on the Omnitheater screen (Storm Chasers on the "big screen"), spent the biggest part of our day in the Weather wing, and saw the "parts of me" exhibit. We could have spent a good 2 to 3 days just exploring all the exhibits. My favorite though was the WWII Submarine exhibit. We will definitely be heading back to the museum REAL soon.

Hopefully this trip made up for last year where we did not do anything but welcome 2 additions to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment